Woop woop it's The Innocent Smiley's one year anniversary!
Yes, a year from now on December 11th of 2013, I suffered from major procrastination. And just like now, my final exams are a week away. Born out of the depths of procrastination, from my creative juices, came this little book blog, The Innocent Smiley.
I have been reading and reviewing innocently now for one year.
Really, the year flew by. I remember starting the blog, and not having a clue of what I was doing. When I first joined, I had no idea there was a book blogging community. I tried to advertise my blog on Goodreads forums, which was a pretty good start by the way. But after awhile, I stopped worrying about my stats, and just started having fun. And it's just been so much better that way!
This year, I've accomplished a ton of goals:
- Hit 100 followers, I don't know how this happened but it did!
- Received a couple of eARCs from Netgalley and Edelweiss
- Participated in multiple blog tours
- Written over 100 posts
- Read over my Goodreads goal of 50 books! I'm already at 63!
- Won multiple giveaways! Three for now!
- And lots more that I can't think of at the moment but YAY!
Honestly I didn't think I would last this long. Well it's really because of the blogging community. Honestly, I've made so many new friends, and it's been great. AND I HAVE A LOT OF BLOGGERS TO THANK, because without you guys, I would not have had the encouragement or motivation to continue blogging!
So I want to take the time to thank everyone that's been so amazing and that have been with me since day one! Well close to day one haha!
- First, I would like to thank everyone who take the time to check my blog, it really means a lot to me! Thank you Alma, Jillian, Kayla, Ebony, Zoe, Joy, Abby, Mel, Nobody, Cait, Ely, Lola, Katrina, and Erica for always commenting! I LOVE going to your blogs and spam commenting!
- Thank you Holly, Shannon, and Amber for forcing me to watch The 100, but also having amazing, fun Twitter conversations.
- And then there's the awesome Blogger Support Group chat that I'm part of, thanks to Faye. I've made many friends there as well, such as Paula, Larissa, Kureha, Sarah, Jeann and Kelly! (Shout out to Kelly for always calling me "poppet". It always makes my day!)
- Special thanks to Megan for constantly leaving me essay comments. I don't know how you do it but it is impressive!
- And thanks to Angel and Emily who have actually been with me from day one!
- Thanks to anyone who's name I've missed! I'm not good at remembering things!
I KNOW THIS LIST WAS LONG. But it had to be done.
But anyways, again, I would like to say that I am so glad that I created a book blog and also joined this incredible community. I LOVE YOU ALL GUYS. I LOVE YOUUUUU.
And with that, I would like to present my very first giveaway ever. Yep that's right! And plus it's open to international mailing addresses as well, well, wherever The Book Depository ships to! Here are a couple rules! No cheating please! Thanks!
- Ships internationally as long as The Book Depository ships to you!
- Please provide a valid email address so I can contact you.
- Also, 48 hours will be given to the winner. If they don't respond in the time frame a new winner will be chosen.
- No cheating. I will check, somehow.
- Oh, and the book has to be under $17. I think that covers most books am I right?